|March 1-July 31||8:30 am to 6:00 pm|
|August 1-August 31||
8:30 am to 7:00 pm
(8/5-6 close at 8:00 pm)
|September 1-November 30||8:30 am to 6:00 pm|
|December 1-End of February||8:30 am to 5:00 pm|
* Temporarily closed from August 7th to September 30
Directions via Public Transportation
(Note: the Memorial Hall is a 5 minute walk from all stops listed below)
From JR Hiroshima Station (South Exit)
Via bus (approx. 20 minutes)
- Take the No. 24 Hiroshima Bus bound for Yoshijima; get off at Hon-dori
- Take the Hidari-Mawari (counterclockwise) Eki-Machi City Loop Bus; get off at Hon-dori
Via streetcar (approx. 20 minutes)
- Take the No. 1 streetcar bound for Hiroshima Port (Ujina); get off at Hon-dori
- Take the No. 2 streetcar bound for Miyajima-guchi or Nishi-Hiroshima, or take the No. 6 streetcar bound for Eba; get off at Genbaku Dome-mae
From Hiroshima Port (Ujina Port)
Via bus (approx. 30 minutes)
- Take the No. 21 Hiroshima Bus bound for Hiroshima Station; get off at Hon-dori
Via streetcar (approx. 30 minutes)
- Take the No. 1 streetcar bound for Hiroshima Station; get off at Hon-dori
- Take the No. 3 streetcar bound for Nishi-Hiroshima (Koi); get off at Hon-dori
From Hiroshima Airport
Via limousine bus (approx. 1 hour)
- Take the limousine bus bound for Hiroshima Bus Center to the end of the line.
Peace Memorial Park, Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, and Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims have no parking areas available for public use (with the exception of cars for those with physical disabilities). For those coming by car, please use the public parking facilities available around Peace Memorial Park (fees apply).
We recommend using public transportation such as trains and buses when you visit.
Facilities in Memorial Hall
We have three wheelchairs available to rent, free of charge. Please inquire at the General Information Desk (Upper Level) or ask a security guard.
Coin-Operated Storage Lockers
On the Upper Level, we have 12 coin-operated storage lockers available for use (100 yen deposit will be returned to you once you've finished using the locker).
Small Lockers (8): W346mm x D422mm x H370mm
Large Lockers (4): W346mm x D482mm x H774mm
If the lockers are full, or your bags won't fit inside the locker, please inquire at the General Information Desk (Upper Level).
If you feel unwell, please speak to the General Information Desk (Upper Level) or a security guard; they will show you to the Resting Room on the Lower Level. You can lie down and rest there (as the room is a Japanese-style tatami room, only futons are available).