Regarding Usage of Information Posted on the Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims Website
Information (henceforth known as content) posted on the Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims Website (henceforth known as our site) may be used freely (duplicated, publicly transmitted, translated/adapted, etc) following provisions 1) to 7) listed below. It may also be used for commercial purposes.
As numerical data and simple charts/graphs (etc) do not fall under author's copyrights, they are not subject to our Users Agreement and can also be used freely.
Contents usage is deemed to agree to the terms of our Users Agreement.
- Users are, in principle, free to link to our site (this includes not only our homepage, but also individual pages contained therein). However, this may not apply to individual pages with notes regarding link restrictions (etc).
- There is no need to apply for permission to link to our page, nor are you obligated to contact us.
- When displaying a link to our site, make it clear that the link goes to the Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims website.
- The above pertains to the Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims website (https://www.hiro-tsuitokinenkan.go.jp/), and not to other sites which are linked on our site.
When linking to our site, it is possible to use the Memorial Hall logo. However, the use of this image for any purpose other than linking to our site is prohibited.
2) Reference notation
- When using our content, please include the proper reference notation. A sample of the notation method can be found below:
Reference: Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims website (URL)
Reference: XX Facts and Figures (Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims website (URL)
- When using content which you have edited/modified, in addition to including reference notation, you must also mention that you have edited/modified the original contents. The posting/use of edited/modified information in a way which makes it seem as though the Memorial Hall itself has created the content is strictly prohibited.
Sample notation method for edited/modified contents:Reference: Modified from the XX Facts and Figures (Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims website (URL)
Reference: Created by XX Co., Ltd. based on XX Facts and Figures (Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims website (URL)
3) Do NOT violate the rights of third parties
- The author's copyrights (etc) for some of our content may belong to third parties (used to refer to anyone other than the Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims). For contents for which third parties retain author's copyrights or any other rights (image rights to photos, publicity rights, etc), it is the responsibility of the user to request usage permission from the relevant third party, except in cases in which it is clearly expressed that the rights have already been handled.
- For content for which third parties retain rights: there are some contents which clearly express/suggest either directly or indirectly that third parties retain rights through methods such as reference notation; however, there are some which do not clearly define or express what specific content belongs to third parties. It is the responsibility of the user to check with third parties if they would like to use their content.
- There are ways to use content which belongs to third parties regardless of their permission, such as the use of excerpts as protected by the Copyright Act.
4) Contents which do not fall under this Users Agreement
The following contents do not fall under this users agreement:
- Symbols, logos, and character designs which represent organization or specific projects
- Content which clearly expresses the application of another users agreement in addition to a detailed and logical explanation of the grounds for this assertion. (Contents which fall under different user agreements are listed in the Users Agreement Addendum).
5) Applicable laws and agreed jurisdiction
- This users agreement is interpreted in accordance with Japanese laws.
- For disputes which may arise surrounding the usage of contents in accordance with this users agreement or surrounding the user agreement itself, the regional courtroom which has jurisdiction for the address of the organization that has posted the contents or user agreement shall be deemed the exclusive agreement jurisdictional court for the first trial.
6) Exclusion of liability
- The Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims is in no way responsible for the actions taken by users based off our contents (including using information which has been edited/modified).
- Contents may be changed, moved, or deleted without prior notice.
7) Other Notes
- This users agreement does not in any way limit the use of contents such as the use of excerpts as protected by the Copyright Act.
- This users agreement is compatible with the licensing terms for use of author's rights defined by Creative Commons Attributions 4.0 International Public License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode) (henceforth known as CC BY), and contents under this users agreement may be used by following CC BY.