1. Eligible victims
Victims who have passed away and meet any of the following criteria:
- Directly exposed to the atomic bombs in Hiroshima on August 6 or Nagasaki on August 9, 1945.
- Exposed to radiation by entering at least one of these cities within two weeks of the bombings.
- Affected by radiation as a result of relief work or other activities.
- Exposed in their mothers' wombs.
The date of death is irrelevant. Also, this application is acceptable whether or not the victim possessed an A-bomb Survivor Health Book.
- The bereaved of the deceased victims are entitled to apply in principle.
- Persons other than the bereaved families (friends and acquaintances) need to contact the memorial hall in advance for the application.
- One application form (in the form of an envelope) is needed for each deceased victim.
- Applications are accepted in both Hiroshima and Nagasaki Peace Memorial Halls. In case of delivery by mail, the postage should be covered by the applicants.Application forms may be brought in person.
- Application is accepted regardless of the location of the deceased victims during the A-bombing or applicants' place of residence.
3. Details about the portraits (photos) of the deceased victims
- The photos will be digitalized and entered into a computer
database. Thus, any size, type (black&white, color), or
format can be used. The date of the photograph is irrelevant,
but please select the photograph that best depicts the victim.
- If the photograph includes more than one person, please be
sure to clearly indicate which is the person concerned.
- Registered photos will be kept at a Peace Memorial Hall permanently. For
those who wish to have photographs returned, the Hall will make a duplicate
and return the original.
- If no photograph is available, please submit the name alone.
4. Solicitation period
5. Presentation to the Public
The names and photographs submitted will be available
to the public at the Peace Memorial Halls in both Hiroshima and
Nagasaki. Families may also request that the name and/or photo
of their family member be withheld from the public. At the Hiroshima
Hall, the A-bomb victims' names and photographs will appear on
a large 12-screen display. Separate victim-identification screens
allow searches by name for individual A-bomb victims.
For more information, please contact the address at Inquiries.
Please help us preserve and honor the A-bomb victim in your family.
Hiroshima National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims
1-6 Nakajima-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima City 730-0811
Nagasaki National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims
7-8 Hirano-machi, Nagasaki City 852-8117
FAX 095-814-0056 e-mail：email@example.com